Author Topic: Alternate Schools  (Read 1655 times)

Divya R

• View Profile
Alternate Schools
« on: November 04, 2005, 08:19:02 PM »
HI everyone...
like many of the topics that have been posted, mine is also regarding my thesis. anyway.. for my thesis, im designing an alternate school, using mainly earth based materials. Alternate schools are basically schools that follow different concepts of teaching.. such as the Waldorf concept, or Krishnamurthi foundation schools, schools under the Aurobindo ashram, etc.
i have been doing my research on these, but theres a lil bit that i havent been able to find. i need to study some case examples before i start my design. does any one know of any Waldorf schools in bangalore, hyderabad, or chennai?. one in hyderabad is Sloka, but does any1 know of some more? and, are there any schools, or other educational institutions in these three cities that have used earth based materials and construction techniques?..
So plz let me know if uguys know any such schools..
thanks.

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates