Poll

How to control leaks in the bathroom ?

dampproof ceiling
0 (0%)
dampproof walls
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Damp Proofing the Bathroom  (Read 3667 times)

SK

• View Profile
Damp Proofing the Bathroom
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
I live in an apartment and the bathroom above mine is leaking. Due to this my bathroom ceiling, and the ceilings in the bedrooms adjoining this bathrooms are damp. Even the walls have started to discolor and the paint is peeling off. I tried to talk to the neighbour above to have their bathroom checked, but they refuse to spend the money. I have casework in both the bedrooms adjoining this bathroom walls which is getting affected slowly.  

I called 2 contractors. One of them said that by damproofing the bedroom ceilings i can control this. The other contractor said we have to arrest this in the bathroom as that is the problem area. I am unable to decide which is the best way.Please advise if any work can be done on my ceiling to control the dampness. If yes, what is the best method and what products have to be used ?

Thank you for your time and help.

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates