Author Topic: Proffessional fees  (Read 4038 times)

Kaushal

Proffessional fees
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »
I have been practising in Gujarat, India for last 6 yrs. During these years I have found out that people are very smart when time comes to pay the fees. Our associations are too busy to enjoy the sponsored dinners that I think they are not doing anything for the up liftment of our community. There may be many architects who must be facing these challange of not getting there fees once the job is done. People bargain with us or sometimes they dont pay at all. Even our govt. rules do not support us, It would be very nice if our community shows more unity and intigrity along with the strength provided to us by our associations.

sa_mollah

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sa_mollah
Proffessional fees
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 12:33:56 PM »
I am Saiful Alam, practicing in Kolkata, facing the same problem since 2003, after passing from college...

lionking

• View Profile
Proffessional fees
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:49:25 PM »
I have been practising in Gujarat, India for last 6 yrs. During these years I have found out that people are very smart when time comes to pay the fees. Our associations are too busy to enjoy the sponsored dinners that I think they are not doing anything for the up liftment of our community. There may be many architects who must be facing these challange of not getting there fees once the job is done. People bargain with us or sometimes they dont pay at all. Even our govt. rules do not support us, It would be very nice if our community shows more unity and intigrity along with the strength provided to us by our associations.

Hi Kaushal,
I'm from Delhi. I agree with you... I've been practicing for 2 decades now and I have people owing me about a crore odd rupees in the form of fees. Eevn today I as I write these lines, have clients acting smart.

The Council of Architecture is Pro Consumer [read client]. In its code of conduct, It has a whole lot of details safeguarding the interests of the consumers and a few vague guidelines supporting the professionals. The Balance is definitely tilted towards the clients. The IIA is no better. And nobody really cares about the rest in the profession as long as he gets his share of the booty. Unfortunately by the time one realises that he is in the dumps, he has no one to look at for support..... This is exactly what the conumers are taking the benifit of.... Its good thing you have come out with this... the time has come to get united and evlove realisitic way to work and survive.... I have raised this issue at various levels at various forums but with practically no results.

To begin with let us put our foot down and do not agree to accept a job on terms other than what is laid down by the COA. This will be the first messege to unscrupulous consumers looking for a piggy ride on their way to their projects

You may PM/ Email me and get in touch for further developments in this direction.

Lion.

psk13

• View Profile
Proffessional fees
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:37:41 AM »
though i ve been practising for more than 2 decades i have no idea what the architects generally charge. I hear some charge heavily other very meagre compared to standard rates fixed by iia. If some reveal the real fees they charge or receive will be an interesting topic.Is there any new standard agreement between client and architect and schedule of charges that is practicble. IIA a few years added a clause that the fees are only desirable or should not exceed the standards. So that means one can lower the fees to compete?Should nt there b also minimum fees?
P.S. I ve not quoted exact wording from IIA rules.and hope my conclusions r correct. Otherwise pl correct me.

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates