Author Topic: Fire doors: National Building Code  (Read 1764 times)

Vanhack

• View Profile
Fire doors: National Building Code
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »
Dear all,
pleasure to be in this forum, I am married to a wonderful architect from CEPT, we are both residing in Dubai, UAE. She is a planner, and I am am part of our family business.

One of our products is timber fire doors, rated to 30, 60, and 90 mins and soon 120 mins. We are interested in entering the Indian market to provide a timber solution for fire doors.

At the moment I understand that the BIS and Indian Federal gov't have revised and updated the national building codes as of December 2005. Unfortunately I am having some issues obtaining information pertaining to this new code. Please advise, or provide pointers, have tried the BIS, and have also got the CD but it seems to be an amended code dated 1997 only without any specifications for fire doors.

Thanks for your help   :)

Best Regards,

Siddharth

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates