Author Topic: what are the different types of resorts?  (Read 10791 times)

manju

what are the different types of resorts?
« on: September 10, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »
i am a thesis student from kerala and before i finalise my topic i wud like to know about the different types of resorts...and how they can be made energy-efficient?

MANOJ KUMAR

• View Profile
what are the different types of resorts?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:50:51 PM »
i am a thesis student from kerala and before i finalise my topic i wud like to know about the different types of resorts...and how they can be made energy-efficient?
it can be of Several Types  But before designing a resort you must know about the Place & for whom are you going to make the resort
Resort is Feelings
You must be emotionally attached to the project

Close your eyes & feel yourself in your DREAM RESORT

And Now you decide What kind of your Resort Projet should be

I hope you can craete a different one

kerry19

• View Profile
    • Diamond Ring
Re: what are the different types of resorts?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
A resort is a place used for relaxation or recreation, attracting visitors for holidays or vacations. Resorts are places, towns or sometimes commercial establishment operated by a single company. Such a self-contained resort attempts to provide for most of a vacationer's wants while remaining on the premises, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping.

Types:

• All Inclusive Resorts
     Beach Resorts
     Golf Resorts
     Island Resorts
     Lake Resorts
     Luxury Resorts
     Mountain Resorts
     Ski Resorts
     Spa Resorts

shweta

• View Profile
Re: what are the different types of resorts?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 12:59:58 AM »
Important energy efficient criteria for designing resorts could fall under the following categories:

- daylight and views
- solar access and control
- comfortable open spaces
- occupant controls and sensors
- recycling of waste
- water reclamation
- local building materials
- fuel efficient transport

If you start exploring each of these areas you maybe able to come up with a stucture to the different steps you will adopt to make your design energy efficient. You should also look at some climatology books from school and see what is the best approach for the type of climate you are designing for.

Hope this helps.

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates