Author Topic: Architecture Thesis  (Read 11917 times)

Aparna S Nair

• View Profile
Architecture Thesis
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »
Hello...

I am Aparna Sathish, a final year architecture student at College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.

My probable thesis topic is "Space Research Centre and Laboratories"....special emphasis on "energy and cost efficiency"....
does anybody know of any such project proposed anywhere?

I searched for a live site...but didnt get any...so i might have to generate all the requirements by myself.

Can you help me,please....just look around if you know of a similar proposal...

The reason i wanted to do it was that i could do research on incorporating the principles of sustainable architecture into a large scale technical project....

I am very interested in astronomy and space rsearch apart from architecture...so i have data on the requirements of an acaddemic centre for space research...but not on the site selection criteria...so..can anyone help,please?

I would prefer the site to be in india...but casestudies can be from anywhere in the world...also the site requirements....  

muthukumar dravid

Architecture Thesis
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 12:40:35 PM »
why can't u approach ISRO(INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION)-BANGALORE.

i don,t know u approached or not.i feel if u approach there u can defenately get some idea.
manasilayee???

Arabhi

• View Profile
Architecture Thesis
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »
Astronomy and space reaseach is a huge topic , if u ask me.  Since this a not a live project you need to limit the scope of activities in this building first .  and like what muthukumar had pointed you should talk with some in  the space research field. And need to study a similar project before taking on such a  project..

one of my friend had done a thesis  in a similar topic.  But that was more or like a base observatory and allied research facilities.  I will try to collect the details from him. If u have any contacts in TKM kollam, you can check for a thesis by Mr. Don. If get any info on his thesis mail me or else I will arrange to get the details

All the best  

shweta

• View Profile
Re: Architecture Thesis
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:31 AM »
Seems like a difficult topic. You could try emailing a number of people from similar organizations in India and aborad with list of very specific questions. I suspect the site criteria may include unobstructed sky views and no light pollution from surrounding contruction.

ak74

• View Profile
Re: Architecture Thesis
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »
You could check with indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, if they have a site for a similar project. else, you could use that location as a site and propse a center based on the requirements that you have developed, after you discuss them with your advisor.

Johenyst

Architecture Thesis
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
My 3DS program is glitching, does anyone know when the architecture lab is open? I live off campus and didnt want to drive up there only to find out its closed after hours

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates