Author Topic: House Plans with central courtyard  (Read 7704 times)

Shankar

• View Profile
House Plans with central courtyard
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »
Hello All,
Interesting forum...As I begin to prepare construction on my plot, I was wondering if anybody here could help me with some links or sample plans of houses with a central courtyward...

Though I do not plan to have a very large courtyard like the houses in Kerala, I would like to have a sun room or a indoor courtyard like the traditional south Indian homes...

Any and all help is appreciated...
Cheers
Shankar
shansrin2000@yahoo.com

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
Unlike America - House plans are not sold off the shelf in India.

You need to engage an Architect, give him your site details - size, orientation, surroundings etc. and then after understanding your requirements and your preference (sun room) will come up with a design - custom made for your site. I am sure you would want a custom made solution with proper detailing and proper structural designing based on the earthquake zoning of your area done as you will be spend a lot of money on building your house

sharad

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 05:21:50 PM »
Hi Shankar

Unlike America The plans are not sold here but as a professional I would like to take up your project Personally and give what You want. maybe You have to spend money on hiring me which is going to be as equivalent as to the money you would spend in purchasing the plans in USA.

Message Me And I'm there To help You.

Sharad
msharad2k@gmail.com

Varshna Narumanchi-Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 04:22:55 AM »
I live in Austin, Texas, where the year-round climate is comparable to Hyderabad.  I'm interested in house plans too.  I love the steep rooflines, interior courtyards, and family-centered houses.

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates