Author Topic: Open Source Movement in Architecture  (Read 2964 times)

sabufrancis

• View Profile
Open Source Movement in Architecture
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi
I have been working on a software for designing architecture since 1989(!), called TAD.  I had been posting regularly on these forums on the various milestones for this software.

The software has now grown up and matured. I hope to start an open source movement in architecture around that software.  I believe just the way the 'open source movement' in software design has resulted in some excellent software, an open source movement in architecture will help architects design great architecture cooperatively.

Please consider joining this movement. It will help you in your own practices.

The project is explained here. It contains information on how to join the project and other relevant details.

http://tad.sabufrancis.com

There are NO costs involved.

Regards
Sabu Francis

sabufrancis

• View Profile
Re: Open Source Movement in Architecture
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Hi
I've released a version 5.7 of TAD Designer lite at  http://www.sabufrancis.com/tad57setup.exe
It now can natively export DXF (3D as well as 2D). It also exports OBJ and several other formats. Please take a look and let me know

There is an interesting website; www.sarovar.org They promote all kinds of open source projects. We can even design architecture using a artistic creative license. Their website allows that. It is completely free and I think there are no space limitations. I will be documenting how to use Sarovar with TeamTAD as soon as I get some time. There are some very interesting/important possibilities: Architects can collaboratively work on design projects much the same way software developers do

Regards
Sabu Francis

kerry19

• View Profile
    • Diamond Ring
Re: Open Source Movement in Architecture
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
Hello

you are doing a good job and let me know when you will be done with your open source movement, i also wish to join this project

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates