Author Topic: Imac for architects??  (Read 4612 times)

kashyapravee

• View Profile
Imac for architects??
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:18:42 PM »
im an architect in bangalore. thinking of gettin the imac .they say the project mgmt tools on the mac makes your work much simpler.Any thoughts on this ?

apuroop08

• View Profile
Re: Imac for architects??
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:39:48 PM »
So true, even i am an architect and have heard that Mac has some brilliant project management tools which helps your work and you end up with all praises from your clients.

shamit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
If you use Autocad / archicad - I doubt if they are available for the mac

sumit10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
the imac is a good option for architects... softwares like archioffice..fasttrack schedule etc.. are great toolsright now an exchange offer going on apparently! its getting closed end of this month. not too sure about the exact date.  check out http://www.macyourworld.com/ ... hope t helps.. gud luck

sumit10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
yaeh there is archi cad... ArchiCAD 10 on the Intel Core Duo based Macs is very fast  compared to previous PowerPC based installations of ArchiCAD.The section/elevation window updates very quickly and the 3D window refresh is almost instantaneous. LightWorks rendering is also much much faster.

kashyapravee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
What do you think Shamit what should i be doing? i am in need of a pc that will help me with my work without any problems.

raj_s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
go in for a an apply any day...  they come with dual boot options...  so in any case... noting to worry bout software compatibility as such...  i am guessing the student offer is still valid on the imac too...  check www.apple.com/in/students

shameem007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
If you use Autocad / archicad - I doubt if they are available for the mac

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates