Author Topic: thesis topic  (Read 3388 times)

srikanth

• View Profile
thesis topic
« on: July 16, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »

hi everybody,
                       iam about to start my thesis in october of 2005 .
                       i need to submit my pre thesis report before that
                       the topic that iam thinking off
                       TO DEVELOP A DESIGN THAT WOULD HELP
                       THE URBAN POPULATION TO UNDERSTAND THE ESSENCE OF
                       OUR TRADITIONAL ARTS AND CULTURAL.
          the fast movin techinical advansements made life easier  , that inturn made some of our cultural practices to meet their extintion. reusing such practices just for the sake would be foolish. iam trying to enhance the importance of our cultural background in for the future generations

if there is any information that u feel would be helpful to me please mail it to me. if anybody dose study on this topic before please contact  me
 on my mail  

sarada

thesis topic
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »
hi srikanth,
taking ur topic to be some place like a park or an arts centre which would be for the urban population i can give u one good example from hyderabad the place is called 'SHILPARAMAM' u cn browse through the net for the same.

Shilparamam is a park/arts centre which is done in traditional andhra pradesh style

after u browse through net and u like the place u can contact me through my mail id sarada_archi@yahoo.com i can send u  some more info as i had documented it for my training report and even one of my seniors has documented for her thesis.

and if u can help me in giving me some topics for my thesis. some of  which i was thinking of are
1) redesigning of mills in bombay
2) homes for senior citizen
3) international convention centre
4) retreat centre (a place for all religions to come and meet) some thing like bahai temple in delhi
             anymore topics??? plz reply back adn any more info for ur topic also

kirtikalla

• View Profile
Re: thesis topic
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »
hi im kirti frm DA&TP, jodhpur...i can suggest u few topics around...
1.india habitat centre, jaipur
2. bollywood museum, mumbai
3. it parks, manesar & greator noida..
4.craft village & tourism centre, jaipur

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates