Author Topic: Sustainable Collaboration  (Read 2129 times)

Michael Stack

• View Profile
Sustainable Collaboration
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:38 AM »
I am hoping to expand my horizons and do more work and collaboration outside of the United States.  My experience is with the LEED rating system from BD+C and BO+M. 

The main market sector I work in is healthcare which is one of the most difficult for the LEED rating system due to its high energy usage and 24 hour-a-day operations.  My most recent project was an 80-bed NICU which was the largest in the United States when it opened.  This project achieved LEED-Gold which was the first such project in New England to achieve that standard.

I wish to apply this knowledge and experience to projects being designed in India and would like to collaborate with a firm with little to no healthcare experience to create a partnership to pursue some of the healthcare design projects currently being put out to bid.

If you have a simple sustainability question of would like to explore partnership for future projects, please contact me or reply to this post.

Regards,
Mike Stack
mstack@lwda.com

shamit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sustainable Collaboration
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:54 AM »
Hi Mike,

We too specialize in Healthcare architecture and are moving into getting our buildings green certified. In India we have our own certification "GRIHA".

It would be nice to exchange notes.

Shamit Manchanda
http://www.manchanda.co.in

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates