Author Topic: Architectural education In doldrums  (Read 2381 times)

shamit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Architectural education In doldrums
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »
Last week I was invited by one of the private architectural schools of Delhi NCR to be an external examiner to assess the work of 3rd year students. My assessment was restricted to working drawings and municipal submission drawings that they had done during the semester.

I must admit I am quite disappointed by the standard of work that I got to see. Most drawings were illegible, be it either minuscule text to bad line thicknesses to improper scale. The worst was these very drawings had been internally assessed by the internal examiner. I could not decide who should bear the responsibility the teachers who were unable to train them or the students who refused to perform.

Something drastic needs to be done, else the future of architecture is not in very good hands.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:29:49 AM by shamit »

rajaysurry

• View Profile
Re: Architectural education In doldrums
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »
They contended that despite Lokayukta’s recommendations, the master transportation plan for the city has no provisions for disabled and there is no monitoring system by which the implementation of the Persons for Disabilities Act can be verified. Additionally, there is no grievance redressal mechanism by which these issues can be resolved. Citing RTI query, the petitioners claimed that NMC could not cite even a single government building where facilities are provided for the disabled.Pointing out several lacunae on the roads and footpaths, the petitioners claimed that they were laid in such a way that it becomes difficult for both the disabled and elderly to move, and the encroachment on all the footpaths provides obstacles in their movement.

Travel planing
Planning for travel
Safe air travel guide

The Indian Architecture & Construction Network Blog is an unmoderated blog for the Indian architects, indian Architecture and indian construction industry. The issues discussed here / news relate to professional practice, construction, design, environment, urban design, interiors, green buildings, sustainability, Energy Efficient Architecture, architectural competitions, academic standards, projects, professional institutions, architecture students, CAD, vaastu, Job postings etc. etc. The comments posted on this blog are the views of the poster. The Blog owners may or may not subscribe to the same and cannot be held responsible for the same. The blog owners take no responsibilty for any loss incured by anyone whatsoever it maybe, by clicking on the links on this website.

Indian Architecture & Construction Blog

The blog is hosted by Manchanda Associates . www.manchanda.co.in

ENVARCH - an Environmental design initiative by Manchanda Associates
Industrial Design : Retractable Vehicle shade for tropical & Cold climates